200-hour Yoga & Wholistic Arts Teacher Training in Collaboration with Heat Yoga Studio
Whether you are setting the intention to share yoga as a teacher or to build a strong foundation for your self-practice, Choose Joy’s yoga & wholistic arts teacher training program will leave you feeling activated, inspired and ready to share the gift of yoga in your own way!
We believe that yoga is the embodiment of union with your Self and with All living beings.
Our 200-hour program anchors in this value in 3 ways:
- Connection – Intentionally gather with like-minded community over the span of 8 months as we explore practices that will awaken and nurture your whole self – body, mind and spirit.
- Integration – We recognize the amount of information you will be taking in each weekend intensive, so we have chosen to meet once a month to allow for enough integration time.
- Collaboration – There is strength in numbers, power in perspective, and value in learning from multiple teachers. Our team features 11 passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teachers.
What to Expect:
Our curriculum offers a colorful palate of modules specializing in yoga while exposing you to an abundance of wholistic practices that will enhance your yoga practice and teachings. Our Weekend Intensives meet for a total of 180 contact hours. Your remaining 20 non-contact hours will be earned from an accumulation of hours spent on homework, online quizzes, practice teaching, book reports, apprenticing and working on your thesis project.
Weekend Intensive Topics & Teachers:
- Gain a solid foundation on how to intuitively teach and practice hatha and vinyasa yoga, incorporate sound-healing, connect with the koshas, be trauma-sensitive and so much more with program director, lead trainer and creator of Choose Joy, Cassandra Justine.
- Understand the physical body on a deeper level as you elevate your knowledge of anatomy with Chiropractor and Yoga Teacher, Catherine Heberling-Marentez.
- Leave as a certified reiki practitioner as you complete a level one energy attunement + activation with reiki master teacher, Melissa Tigerlily.
- Study the evolution of yoga through ancient times until these present moments and delve into sacred texts and sanskrit with Bhairavi Shera, M.S.Ed.
- Explore the relationship between yoga and Ayurveda as you establish a connection to the elements with Monica Casanova.
- Relax into the teachings of restorative yoga and learn the basics of prenatal yoga with studio owner, yoga teacher and PYT, Beth McClelland.
- Discuss all aspects of the food experience – exploring topics such as food as medicine and food relationship with holistic health practitioner and nutritionist, Carly Feldmeier.
- Dabble into the art of aromatherapy with yoga teacher, massage therapist and essential oil enthusiast, Anna Ross.
- Tap into the wisdom of Thai Bodywork techniques with massage therapist and yoga teacher, Ally Thompson.
- Step into the teachings and strategy of your Human Design with Yoga Teacher, Craniosacral Therapist and Reiki Practitioner Abbey Road.
- Immerse yourself in the teachings of Yin with yoga teacher and continuing education provider, Melissa Christensen.
Non-Contact Hour Overview:
Choose a yoga-related topic you are passionate about and create a presentation to be shared at our last weekend intensive on Friday, May 15th. The intention of this project is to help you find your niche and become highly educated in a specific area of interest to you. You will have the entire teacher training to work on your Thesis Project.
Apprentice under an inspirational teacher and gain a new perspective on the practice of yoga. Apprenticeships must be a minimum of 5-weeks. You may study with whoever you wish.
Polish your teaching skills by guiding friends & family through a yoga class. You are required to teach 5 classes &/or private lessons (free or for donation) to friends/family. This will help you find your own voice in the way you share yoga with others.
Please read the books You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay and Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss and write a 2-3 page paper on each book. An open discussion about these book reports will be shared in our April Weekend Intensive.
Homework & Quizzes:
Take home quizzes and homework will be given in light doses to support you in retaining the information you will learn during our weekend Intensives.
Our Team of Teachers: Cassandra Justine, Catherine Heberling-Marentez, Melissa Christensen, Beth McClelland, Ally Thompson, Melissa Tigerlily, Carly Feldmeier, Bhairavi Shera, Abbey Road, Monica Casanova and Anna Ross
Where: 565 Cameron Way #103 North Liberty, IA 52317
When: Weekend Intensive Dates for our 2019 – 2020 program: 10/18 – 10/20, 11/8-11/10, 12/6-12/8, 1/10-1/12, 2/28-3/1, 3/27-3/29, 4/24-4/26, 5/15-5/17
Sample Schedule of a Weekend Intensive:
Fridays, 2:00 – 9:00pm
2:00-2:30pm: Opening Circle
2:30-4:00pm: Opening Practice
8:30-9:00pm: Closing Practice
Saturdays, 11:00am – 8:30pm
11:00-12:30pm: Opening Practice
8:00-8:30pm: Closing Practice
Sundays, 6:00am – 3:00pm
6:00-7:30am: Opening Practice
2:30-3:00pm: Closing Circle
Max Capacity: In order to uphold the quality of our program, we accept a maximum of 20 applicants. This allows us to give participants the attention and care they need to thrive.
$3250 which INCLUDES your 200 hour Yoga & Wholistic Arts Teacher Training and manual, all Weekend Intensives, Level I Reiki Attunement, 15 hr. Yin Yoga certification, FREE UNLIMITED YOGA at Heat Yoga Studios spanning from 10/25/19-05/17/20 and your $500 non-refundable deposit.
Early Bird Special: $3000 on or before September 10
$500 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration
Payment plans: we allow a payment plan with an online credit card.
We are offering an 8 month payment plan for $3250. Credit/debit cards must be used online.
8 month plan – Payments of $375 starting October 1 (contact Beth to set up payment plan email@example.com)
In addition to your included manuals, we request that you purchase the following books.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Swami Satchidananda
- The Language of Yoga – Nicolai Bachman
- You Can Heal Your Life – Louise Hay
- Anatomy of the Spirit – Caroline Myss